Preparing your business trip to Toulouse
Getting to the center of the city from the airport
To leave the Toulouse Blagnac airport, you can use the tramway T2 that is directly connected to the city center.
How to move around in the city ?
- Metro: Toulouse has 2 metro lines covering with 37 stations. It runs from 5.15AM to 00.00AM, and passes every 2 to 4 minutes
- Bus: Toulouse has a dense 80- route bus network running from 5.30AM to 1.45AM
- Tramway: It also has 2 tramway lines, running from 5.00AM to 2.00AM
A simple ticket costs 1,7€.
Amongst Toulouse's many restaurants, here are a few we recommend you with your clients and colleagues:
- Michel Sarran ($$$): This two-Michelin-stars restaurant offers french 'contemporary' food
- L’aubrac ($): A local favorite, the restaurant focuses on Charcuterie and Aveyron specialties
- La cave au cassoulet ($): A perfect place to taste a southern French specialty: cassoulet composed of a rich mix of haricot beans, duck, and sausage
- La faim des haricots ($$): The first vegetarian restaurant in the notoriously carnivorous city of Toulouse
- Le 7 Place Saint-Sernin ($$): Situated in the shade of the beautiful Basilique Saint-Sernin, the restaurant serves French and European food
Where to stay
Here is a list of 7 of Toulouse's hotels that have applied Covid-appropriate measures to ensure traveller security:
- Crowne Plaza Toulouse*****
- Palladia Toulouse****
- Adagio Toulouse Parthenon****
- Hotel Cour des Consuls*****
- Pullman Toulouse Centre*****
- Residhome Toulouse Tolosa***
Here are the top 3 places not to miss while on a short visit to Toulouse:
- Basilica of Saint-Sernin
The huge basilica is a landmark in the city of Toulouse and one of the greatest churches in France. Located just a five-minute walk away from the city square, this historic church has superb architecture and the interior design.
- Capitole de Toulouse - Square in city center
This large courtyard hosts farmers' markets, roaming art exhibitions, and even weddings. It’s surrounded by little shops, as well as cafés and restaurants. The opera house and city hall are close by, making it a hub of activities.
- Augutin’s Museum - Fine art museum
Located next to the Augustins Convent, this art museum showcases sculptures, paintings, and special collections with diverses styles: Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance.